25 Free Ideas for Marketing your Blog
For marketing your blog, this 25 ideas for free. With a lot of blog sites being produced every day, it’s a secret to many blog writers how to make their blog site stand apart. It’s basic. Individuals wish to check out great content, and with great material comes advertisement earnings. Well, maybe it’s not that simple … We’ve lastly let loose the tricks of effective blog marketing. Do note that these are not ensured to increase your click-through ratios and they will not bring excellent karma to you or your advertisements. If only. These ideas should benefit your blog and make it more user-friendly, more easily accessible, and more content-enabled.
There are numerous kinds of blogs or purposes for blog sites and a specific number of strategies are applicable to just about all them, so here is a -short- list of pointers for marketing and optimizing a blog site:
List 1. to 5. :
1. Select a stand alone domain www.myblog.com or directory site of existing site www.mysite.com/blog. A subdomain is also a choice blog.mysite.com. Prevent hosted services that do not enable you to utilize your own domain!
2. Get and set up adjustable blog software application – WordPress and Moveable Type are my favorites.
3. Customize blog site look and feel design templates – aka design.
4. Research keywords and develop a glossary – Keyword Discovery, WordTracker, SitePoint, SEOBook Keyword Research.
5. Optimize the blog site:
* Template optimization – RSS membership alternatives, social bookmark links, HTML code, Unique title tags, URLs, Sitemap
* Add helper plugins certain to WordPress or MT.
* Create keyword rich categories (reference your keyword glossary).
List 6. to 19. :
6. Enable automatic trackback and ping performance.
7. Produce Feedburner Pro account and allow feed tracking.
8. Setup Google account for Sitemap, verify and prep for future submission.
9. Recognize authoritative blogs, websites, and hubs for outbound resource links and blogroll.
10. Format archived posts, related posts.
11. Enable stats for tracking – Performance, Google Analytics, ClickTracks.
12. Send RSS feed and Blog URL to prominent RSS and Blog directories/ internet search engine.
13. Engage in an ongoing link structure campaign.
14. Send to Podcast and Vlog directories if podcast or video content are available.
15. Send blog site URL to paid directories with categories for blog sites – Yahoo, BOTW, bCentral, WOW, JoeAnt.
16. Optimize and disperse a press release revealing blog.
17. Request feedback or reviews of your blog in relevant forums, discussion threads. Point to it if you have a resourceful post that will assist others.
18. Research study and talk about pertinent market associated blogs and blog sites with substantial centers of impact.
19. If it’s a news oriented blog, 3-5 times per day. If it’s a reliable blog site, 3-5 times per week, but each post must be high and unique value.
List 20. to 25. :
20. Monitor incoming links, traffic, comments, and mentions of your blog – Google Alerts, Technorati, Blogpulse, Yahoo News, Ask Blogs and Feeds.
21. Constantly react to talk about your blog and when you detect a reference to your blog on another blog site, thank that blogger in the remarks of the post.
22. If possible, make contact with relevant bloggers on AND offline.
23. When making blog posts always mention the source with a link and don’t be afraid to discuss popular bloggers by name. Use keywords in the blog post title, in the body of the post and usage anchor text when you connect to previous posts you’ve made.
24. Usage social networking services, online forums, and conversation threads to connect with other bloggers. They will connect to you if they like your things.
25. Remember when website were a brand-new principle and the sage recommendations to print your web address everywhere you print your telephone number? The exact same guidance makes an application for your blog site.
With so numerous blog sites being developed every day, it’s a secret to numerous bloggers how to make their blog site stand out. These ideas need to benefit your blog site and make it more user-friendly, more quickly accessible, and more content-enabled.
If it’s a reliable blog, 3-5 times per week, however, each post needs to be unique and high value.
When making blog posts always point out the source with a link and do not be scared to mention popular bloggers by name. Use keywords in the blog post title, in the body of the post and usage anchor text when you connect to previous posts you’ve made, this will all time be good for marketing your blog.