Why Your Business Should Be Writing a Blog – 8 Reasons Starting A Blog
Long gone are the days where starting a blog is just for stay-at-home parents that wish to document the early days of their child’s life. Blogs are big business these days, which means that there are important reasons starting a blog. That your business needs to be doing it. Having a blog alongside your main business is a great way to get more customers and reach out to people that wouldn’t normally. Your business needs to start blogging, or it really will get left behind.
Not convinced? Here are some reasons why you should be blogging for your business.
Reason 1 to 4:
1. Blogging is easy to do. It gives you a direct communication channel with your customers. You can post timely and relevant content, which will help you relate to your customer base and get them interested in what you have to offer. When you’re not doing it, it means you are missing that potential.
2. If you want your business to be found online, then helping your site’s search engine optimization is really key for that. Having a blog helps your SEO and helps to build up a number of backlinks for your site. You want to come up as one of those top searches, right?
3. It isn’t too hard or complicated to set up a blog. As things grow, you might need more things like backup and data storage. You can get help with that along the way from a company like Level 5, for example. But initially, using a platform like WordPress or Blogger is a simple and user-friendly alternative. So don’t feel like you have to be some sort of IT expert to blog.
4. Blogging can be fun! So if you’re looking to make work more enjoyable, then starting a blog alongside it could be the way to go.
Reason 5 to 8:
5. Blogging helps you to stay on trend. As you can comment on relevant news articles or other things happening in your industry, it makes you an industry leader, rather than a follower. If your competitors aren’t blogging, then making sure that you are is a way to get above them and make your business stand out.
6. Writing a blog does help you to get an insight into your customer or reader demographic. You can learn where they are reading your blog from, which country, at what times, and what posts or topics are the most popular to them, to name a few. This can help with your marketing strategy, so something to bear in mind.
7. Blogging, and to a certain extent social media helps to make your business seem more ‘human.’ You can share how the business started, as well as a day-in-the-life sort of post about what happens behind the scenes. The people that are interested in this and your story will be interested in what your brand has to offer.
8. A blog can help to sharpen your business focus. You can’t just write about any old thing when you start a blog, can you? So sitting down and thinking about what you want to write about can help your focus.